Monday, August 27, 2012

Achiote Oil



Achiote, Annato, or Annato is the spelling you will find when searching for this seed. I can go on about it's potential use in remedies but all I can say on it for sure is yummy flavor and scent. In the jar it smells very pungent, but don't be fooled, once you run it through your favorite oil it will be an aromatic scented oil and each type of oil or lard or grease will add it's own nuance to it.

This is my Achiote Oil, as I prefer to call it. I use it in rices to add a little more color and when combined with Safron (Azafran in Spanish) it just adds levels of flavor and aroma and color that can only be described by seeing and tasting it yourself. So don't be shy and experiment! Try it out next time you want to make rice, alcapurrias, pasteles and more. Let me know what new uses you have for it, or if you have already usd it in something else, I would love to know about it.



Here is a link to my FB page in case you can't enlarge the recipe page from here and want to try it there. Feel free to 'LIKE' it and share it with your friends and family, please :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.152489011554201.31529.138598012943301&type=3

 If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment